Random Amusings

My journal to become the healthiest I can be

04 January 2012

Nutritionist

I've been doing Weight Watchers off and on for 5 years.  I successfully lost 35 pounds using it back in 2006-7, but unfortunately gained it all back.  I recommitted myself this past fall and have been trying, although to be honest, I haven't been fully committed to it yet.  However, I'm very frustrated with it right now - I tend to eat pretty well (getting in 3-4 liters of water a day, eating 5-8 servings of fruit and veggies, not eating TOO much junk food, etc).   However, if my scale budges at all it goes the WRONG direction!! ARGH. I told my leader that I'm going to give the program my focus this month and if I haven't lost at least 5 pounds by the end of the month, then I'm quitting WW because it truly isn't working for me. I'm tired of wasting money.


I've also been really run down, lethargic, and out of energy for the last year or so.  My mom has been seeing a holistic nutritionist (a mix of alternative medicine and get to the root of the problems, then fix them with food-based supplements) and has had wonderful increases of energy.  I decided to check it out and hit a local nutritionist today.  It was fascinating; she gave me some interesting whole food supplements and put me on a no grain diet (apparently if someone has female issues, then grain should be one of the first things to go. I have no clue why and didn't really ask). I've done the South Beach Diet before, so I'm comfortable with the idea of short-term no grains; although I'm NOT looking forward to the lack-of-carb headaches that are in my near future. I can still eat fruit and sweet potatoes; but no regular potatoes, rice, cereal grains like wheat or oats, corn, or pasta for at least the next month. >.< On the other hand, this WILL get the scale moving down!!! I'm still tracking what I do eat, so I don't go nuts on protein, beans, lentils, etc. 



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home